|Title of post:||Sector Specialist Business Advisor: Health and Social Care Sector.|
|Reports to:||E-Factor Business Manager|
|Key Contacts:||Businesses within the Health and Care sectors of North and North East Lincolnshire.|
|Experience:||Worked at management level or in consultancy within the Health & Care sector|
|Period:||Fixed term until February 2022 with a possible extension to June 2023.|
|Hours||Full-Time: 37 hours per week|
|Annual Leave:||25 Days plus 8 Public Holidays and 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year.|
|Location:||Initially based within E-Factor offices in Grimsby but with travel across the Northern Lincolnshire area a regular feature of the post.|
Outline of the post
The post holder will work as one of a team of other E-Factor Business Advisors to engage with industry sector networks and businesses in the Northern Lincolnshire area.
Specialist Business Advisors will work with small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) as part of the ERDF ‘GAIN’ Business Support Programme, to help businesses objectively and realistically review their performance, identify real strengths and weaknesses and provide professional advice and guidance to help them become better informed, capable of riding the current economic challenges and making the most of opportunities for growth within their sector.
They will be responsible for recording data to ensure that accurate information is available to support ERDF funding claims made by E-Factor as part of the GAIN Project, and to assist with the planning and enhancement of support within the sector. The advisor for this post must have specialist sector knowledge and the expertise to work with businesses in the health and care sector.
- Provide professional and meaningful advice to existing and new local businesses;
- To deliver business support outcomes and impacts required by the GAIN Project;
- Engage with business networks, business support providers and other advisors throughout the Greater Lincolnshire area, to identify clients within the sector;
- Forge relationships with sector networks, where appropriate;
- Exceed client expectations and deliver to the highest standard with support and encouragement, whilst managing expectations;
- Carry out face to face liaison with business owners and managers through the completion of an E-Factor Business Review as part of the process;
- Identify priorities within the business and mutually agree an action plan;
- Attend business network events, including those run by third parties, to represent the services provided by E-Factor Business;
- Use experience, knowledge, initiative and creativity to solve sector related problems in a practical and timely manner for the benefit of your clients;
- Where necessary broker in support from other advisors and organisations within the Greater Lincolnshire advisor network;
- Work with the Business Manager & MD to research and develop new services and resources that will benefit local businesses and achievement of our required outputs;
- To undertake on-going activity to measure customer satisfaction with the project;
- Write reports as required to support the development of provision in the sector, providing evidence of need;
- Represent the project/E-Factor Business at relevant functions and networks internally and externally and attend project meetings as required, building positive relationships and contacts against future joint-working opportunities. Where necessary, initiate meetings and networks. Participate in wider forums and debates relating to business needs and skills gaps within the sector;
- Attend appropriate training and staff development sessions and participate in regular performance reviews;
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required, including administrative duties appropriate to this role.
- The role may require some time spent working out of normal office hours;