|Title of post:||Specialist Business Advisor:|
|Reports to:||E-Factor Business Manager|
|Key Contacts:||Businesses within North and North East Lincolnshire.|
|Experience:||Worked at management level or in consultancy within the Business Support Sector|
|Period:||Fixed term until June 2023.|
|Hours||Full-Time: 37 hours per week|
|Annual Leave:||25 Days plus 8 Public Holidays and 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year.|
|Location:||Initially based within E-Factor offices in Grimsby but with travel across the Northern Lincolnshire area a regular feature of the post.|
Outline of the post
The post holder will work as one of a team of other E-Factor Business Advisors to engage with industry sector networks and businesses in the Northern Lincolnshire area.
The Specialist Business Advisors will work with small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) as part of E-Factor’s ERDF ‘GAIN’ Business Support Programme, to enhance and grow businesses within the key priority sectors of Greater Lincolnshire. The role is to help businesses objectively and realistically review their performance, identify real strengths and weaknesses, and provide professional advice and guidance to help them become better informed, capable of riding the current economic challenges and making the most of opportunities for growth within their sector.
They will be responsible for recording data to ensure that accurate information is available to support ERDF funding claims made by E-Factor as part of the GAIN Project, and to assist with the planning and enhancement of support within the sector. It is desirable although not essential that applicants for this post will have sector knowledge and the expertise to work with businesses in the health and care sector, hospitality, tourism, or retail.
- Provide professional and meaningful advice to existing and new local businesses;
- To deliver business support outcomes and impacts required by the GAIN Project;
- Engage with business networks, business support providers and other advisors throughout the Greater Lincolnshire area, to identify clients within the sector;
- Forge relationships with sector networks, where appropriate;
- Exceed client expectations and deliver to the highest standard with support and encouragement, whilst managing expectations;
- Carry out face to face liaison with business owners and managers through the completion of an E-Factor Business Review as part of the process;
- Identify priorities within the business and mutually agree an action plan;
- Attend business network events, including those run by third parties, to represent the services provided by E-Factor Business;
- Use experience, knowledge, initiative and creativity to solve sector related problems in a practical and timely manner for the benefit of your clients;
- Where necessary broker in support from other advisors and organisations within the Greater Lincolnshire advisor network;
- Work with the Business Manager & MD to research and develop new services and resources that will benefit local businesses and achievement of our required outputs;
- To undertake on-going activity to measure customer satisfaction with the project;
- Write reports as required to support the development of provision in the sector, providing evidence of need;
- Represent the project/E-Factor Business at relevant functions and networks internally and externally and attend project meetings as required, building positive relationships and contacts against future joint-working opportunities. Where necessary, initiate meetings and networks. Participate in wider forums and debates relating to business needs and skills gaps within the sector;
- Attend appropriate training and staff development sessions and participate in regular performance reviews;
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required, including administrative duties appropriate to this role;
- The role may require some time spent working out of normal office hours.
|Education/Qualifications||Educated to degree level / higher|
|Skills, Knowledge & Experience||Be able to demonstrate experience of business support and a high level of knowledge within the priority sectors;
Understanding of the value of business support –the advisor should be able to articulate the benefits of a client engaging with an impartial and knowledgeable third party;
Good networking skills and confidence during interactions with clients, colleagues and partner organisations – necessary to display professionalism and make contacts in the business community;
The ability to work well under pressure – managing a wide caseload of clients with different needs;
Significant knowledge and proven ability of identifying business performance issues and developing strategies and action plans;
Ability to analyse and help develop a company’s business plan and understand financials;
An understanding of marketing trends;
Good communication and IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Shows attention to detail and presentation;
Well-honed creative problem-solving skills; innovative;
Knowledge of equal opportunities practice, an understanding of health and safety in the workplace and an awareness of the GDPR guidelines.
|We anticipate that the candidate will have professional experience of commissioning or providing services within the priority sectors under GAIN. This could include public, private, or third-party organisations.
Management of information resources, both paper-based and online, including CRM systems;
Be able to demonstrate considerable experience of business support;
Awareness of other providers of support and advice;
Ability to run advice workshops and seminars;
|A high level of common-sense and good business sense coupled with a strong business acumen;
Self-starter and able to work with initiative and independently; a can-do attitude;
Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
Professional and diplomatic; trustworthy and discreet when handling confidential information;
An effective team player.
The post will require a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle with suitable insurance for business usage.
The above post is part-funded by a European Regional Development Fund contract awarded to E-Factor Group Ltd.